What to expect in your child’s Initial Nutritional Therapy Session
It doesn’t matter if your child is a cute little bubs, busy toddler, school-aged kiddo or rapidly growing teenager, a Paediatric Nutritionist can provide evidence-based nutritional guidance to help take the confusion out of nurturing your child.
Whether they’re a picky eater, a budding foodie, or anywhere in between, we’re all about empowering children of all ages to develop a positive relationship with food and their body.
So what should you expect in your child’s first appointment with a Paediatric Nutritionist at Lotus Health + Nutrition?
Children’s Initial Nutritional Therapy Sessions include:
- exploring your child’s health and nutritional needs, and any health concerns/conditions
- investigating current eating patterns and food related behaviours
- feeding advice and fussy eating strategies
- healthy eating and lifestyle recommendations for growing babies, toddlers, children and adolescents
- how to establish and maintain healthy relationships with food and promote positive body image
- relevant pathology and/or diagnostic testing (if required)
If any nutritional deficiencies are identified or additional nutrient support is required, a prescription for practitioner-only, therapeutic-level nutraceutical supplements may be recommended. You may also receive a recommendation for further diagnostics or pathology testing for your child (all of these are optional and only if relevant – I’m not a fan of unnecessary supplementation or invasive testing, especially in children, so won’t recommend anything that’s not genuinely needed).
You’ll most likely leave with a whole bunch of handouts and infographics, for extra reading at home 😉
Following your child’s appointment, you’ll be emailed a comprehensive Treatment Plan summarising everything discussed in the consultation, including your child’s health and nutrition goals and family-oriented strategies to help reach them.
So why should your child see a Paediatric Nutritionist?
As a specialist Paediatric Nutritionist I can provide you with family-oriented strategies to help manage many different feeding, developmental and behavioural problems.
Using evidence-based nutritional therapies and a non-diet approach, I will guide you on your journey to raise happy and healthy children, with positive relationships with food and their bodies.
Here are some of the reasons your child should see a Paediatric Nutritionist:
- you’re concerned they’re not getting all of the nutrients they need to grow and develop healthily
- they’re a fussy eater or have problems with food textures and/or tastes
- you want to start your baby on solid foods, or transition from breast/formula feeding
- they have slow growth or struggling to gain weight
- your doctor has told you they have to lose weight
- they have food allergies or intolerances
- they have digestive issues such as diarrhoea, constipation or regular tummy aches
- they have a behavioural or developmental disorder (eg. ADHD, ASD)
- you want them to develop and maintain healthy eating habits and have positive body image
- they decide to go vegetarian or vegan
- you just want to gain a better understanding of your child’s nutritional needs
Ready to book your child’s Nutritional Therapy Session?
Book your child’s Nutritional Therapy Session with a registered Paediatric Nutritionist – end the food war and bring peace to your dinner table NOW!
Not sure if we’ll be the right fit for your child?
FREE 10 minute Discovery Call
to find out how we can work together to nurture your child’s body and mind.